art and crafts
The bridge takes its name from the presence of many shops that sold wool and cotton hats. The hatters joined in an association in the mid-1400s and were annexed to the haberdashers’ association. The hatters were famous both for the fine finish and long-lasting colours of their creations, and were sought after by many throughout the entire Levant. The association split off from the haberdashers in 1677, establishing their seat at the Church of San Biagio.