art and crafts
The square’s name derives from the presence of an establishment receiving the poor, owned by the Fraterna Grande, founded in 1535 by Bartolomeo Nordio, a wood merchant from Bergamo. Under the terms of his will 50 thousand ducats were to be used for charity, helping many people, including many ruined noblemen, and releasing debtors from prison on Christmas and Easter.
In the square, we see a coat of arms in Istrian stone showing San Zaccaria
and a classical well head with a fountain.