The bridge takes its name from the presence of many shops that sold wool and cotton hats. The hatters joined in an association in the mid-1400s and were annexed to the haberdashers’ association. The hatters were famous both for the fine finish and long-lasting colours of their creations, and were sought after by many throughout the entire Levant. The association split off from the haberdashers in 1677, establishing their seat at the Church of San Biagio.



Go to
iconCampo San Bartolomeo
iconBastianello Arte
San Marco 5041
iconPellicceria Caberlotto
San Marco 5114
iconCampo San Salvador
iconFantin Fiori
San Marco 4805
iconMarzaria San Salvador
San Marco 4850
iconPonte dei Baretteri
iconCampo San Zulian
iconCalle dei Spechieri
iconPiazza San Marco

Back to
dotLuxury and Craftsmanship
between Rialto and San Marco

Copyright © 2015 Massimiliano Bianchi and Association of Venice Craftsmen - All rights reserved

Artigianservizi   Camera di Commercio - Venezia   Confartigianato Venezia
Developed by gb-ing
Graphic design by Sevollai Computer Art
Powered by etc-cms
Privacy policy